“A Catholic school is not the building; the school is the people.”
Saint Joseph School is confident that our COVID-19 policies provide a strong plan to protect our families, faculty, and staff, and they have proven very successful in protecting our staff and students.
We have taken extraordinary measures to ensure a safe and open campus for our students. We started school two weeks early, and our school has remained in-session. Dedicated to our community, we have taken every social distancing and hygiene measure possible for our school’s responsible operation.
For more information on the Diocese of Sacramento’s Catholic Schools response to COVID-19 and the steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our children during this pandemic, please see the following selected statements and videos from Lincoln Snyder, Superintendent and Executive Director of Schools for the Diocese of Sacramento. If you would like more information, follow the link below to the Diocese website for the most up-to-date information. Additionally, below you will find the up to date status of SJS’s response to C
As always, feel free to reach out to me with any questions or for clarification on our COVID-19 response.
Below is the current status of SJS’s response to the coronavirus. Parents also may review additional information and resources on our Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources page in School Speak, our parent information platform.
2020-21 School Year
- Pre-Kindergarten: In-person classes five days per week (since 9/1/20)
- K-8th grade: In-person classes five days per week (since 9/1/20)
2021-22 School Year
While our 2021-22 plans have not yet been finalized, Saint Joseph School will prioritize the following objectives:
- Maintain a high level of safety on our campus
- Continue to do what is necessary to provide a safe on-campus option five days/week for all grades
- Continue to offer Extended Day five days/week for K-8th students
- Continue to support elective remote learners
Health and Safety Modifications for In-Person Learning
Saint Joseph School is confident that our COVID-19 policies provide a strong plan to protect our families, faculty, and staff. The policies and procedures were crafted by the Sacramento Catholic Diocese Catholic Schools Department with the input of State and County Health Departments and adhere to health and safety guidance by the CDC, the state of California, and the county.
COVID-19 modifications include:
- Face coverings for everyone on campus
- Physical distancing for everyone on campus
- Health screening before entering the campus for all employees, visitors, and students
- Required 14-day quarantine for those who travel or participate in gatherings
- Enhanced campus cleaning
- Small Cohorts
- Plexiglass barriers in common areas
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout campus
- Limiting campus visitor
- Staff training in contact tracing
Diocese of Sacramento, Covid-19 Information
Relevant links, and videos from Lincoln Snyder, Superintendent and Executive Director of Schools for the Diocese of Sacramento