Religious Instruction and Prayer Services
At St. Joseph School, worship is a critical part of our students’ growth and a key part of our school’s Catholic identity. In conjunction with the religious instruction, which is a part of the academic program, the students take part in the following:
- School-wide daily morning prayer
- Friday morning Mass
- Classroom prayer services
- Religious education
- Reconciliation services
- First Communion preparation – Second graders are prepared for the Sacrament of First Holy Communion through second grade curriculum as well as the parish Faith Formation Program.
- Students in the seventh grade are prepared for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- School-wide Celebrations - This includes a Passion Play, the Way of the Nativity, May Crowning, and many other paraliturgical celebrations
- Students go on grade level retreats from the second grade 1st Communion Retreat to the Junior High Lassen Retreat.
Student Body Masses
Students attend Mass at 8:30 a.m. on Fridays and on special feast days. Parents are always welcome and encouraged to celebrate the Eucharist with the school community.
Students in grades 4-8 are encouraged to serve the Parish by training to be altar servers. The ministry is open to students who are baptized Catholics and faithful to Mass attendance.